Friday 25 March 2016

Berlin trip Overview

Friday 25th March 2016

Good Morning,

I hope everyone got home safety last night. We had a smooth journey from Berlin.

The trip was brilliant and I can't wait to visit Berlin again. For me the highlight was seeing and experiencing the urban, cultural and historic city. I loved everything we did, but I especially liked the Jewish Museum because the architecture was inspirational and the museum was very moving.

I'd like to say a huge thank you to all the teachers who have supported us, given up their time and organised this amazing opportunity (Frau Wallace, Ms Dean, Frau Lusse, Mr Marriott and Frau RΓΌhmkorf) . Who without them this fantastic trip wouldn't have been possible.

To end our last blog post, I'll leave you with some highlights of the trip.

"I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the trip. From the historical side; the visit to the Jewish Museum, the Museum of Terror and especially the memorial to the murdered Jews of Europe which all provided a profound insight into Nazi Germany, to the cultural side; the differntiation between the west and east side of Berlin and the amazing art on the Berlin wall to address the issues they've overcome from its destruction. All in all, a fascinating trip." Mariella Green

"I absolutely loved the trip as it gave me the opportunity to see all the historical places in Berlin that I learnt about during my history GCSE course. One of my favourite parts was the visit to the Jewish Memorial, which I found extremely moving and incredible. The entire trip was amazing and I absolutely love Berlin! Helen Smithson

"I especially enjoyed the Berlin boogie, but the whole trip was AMAZING! Well done and thank you for giving us this wonderful opportunity." Charlotte Cummings

"I LOVE everything we did during the trip, even walking! However, without our teachers' full support we would not have had such a WONDERFUL trip, Thank you !!!" Fu Ge

"The best thing I enjoyed on this trip was seeing all the pretty buildings, despite all the walking we did. I definitely think it was worth it. This was such an incredible experience." Pow Jackson

"The thing I enjoyed the most was doing the tour around the Olympic Stadium and going around all of the rooms." Orla Drake


"I liked the U-Bahn, the architecture , the street art and the overall vibe of Berlin." Nimra Abbasi

"I enjoyed rushing to find a seat on the trains in rush hour." Simrun Sanghera

" I liked the U-Bahn and all the scenery in Berlin, as well as the atmosphere." Temi

"I really enjoyed visiting sights that we have learnt about in history in life." Mitra Karanjkar

"I would like to thank Frau Wallace's Gloucester rugby hat for making 'where's Wallace' possible, on the U- & S-Bahn." Pippa Chapple

"I enjoyed catching the U-Bahn to different sights, museums and shops.  I thought the sights were terrific and the museums were very touching and moving. The shops were good too and the weather wasn't great, but it's alreight :) " Grace Dobbs

" Everybody in the house do the Berlin boogie, we'd rather have Barbados, but we're not choosy, we've got our boots and our marching feet, the weather's not great but its o'reyt!" Connie Wragg

"I really enjoyed visiting the Olympia-Stadium, spending time with my friends and the late night conversations we had." Grace Perring

"I really enjoyed the Holocaust Memorial and Museum; it was a really good chance to take in Germany's history." Mubanga Kauseni

"I enjoyed the TV tower the most because it was a good way to see most of Berlin altogether and I liked viewing Berlin from a different angle." Smetlana Samanta

"My favourite thing about the trip was the Olympic Stadium as the history was interesting and the tour guide was good." Molly Bryan

"My favourite part was seeing the Berlin Wall; although only up for 28 years, it is unreal to think something like that could ever be allowed to be built. The art on the wall shows so much pain and emotion. Truly beautiful." Olivia Billard

"I love to travel because I get to see cultures and ways of life I've never even heard of before and this was especially prominent on the trip for me learning how deep and fathoming German history is and was, how one nation that had been battered and tortured had managed to become a thriving, wonderful hub of life." Amy Nortcliffe 

"I liked the Jewish Museum." Becca Kent

"I found that the Holocaust Museum was very moving by allowing us to see individual family stories." Aemelia Hyde

"I liked the tour around the Olympic Stadium as we were told the history of it; going from a horse racing course to the Olympic Stadium." Sarah Razlin

"I really enjoyed getting the U-Bahn everywhere and walking as we got to experience the city in a different way as we weren't on a coach the whole time." Becky Farris

"I enjoyed the TV tower and the East Side Gallery. I also enjoyed the chaos of the U-Bahn because finding a seat was like playing musical chairs." Dima Abdelhafiz

"The TV tower, Mr M's rap , The Holocaust Memorial. I had an amazing time, not just because of all the amazing places we visited but because the teachers were so fun and made it really enjoyable!" Carys Johnson 

Thank you so much for reading our blog and supporting us, it was really fun writing it!

See you on the next trip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment